So here is our third Pumpkin recipe! I think I am going to make them tomorrow too.
Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe from The Curvy Carrot
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon sugar (or use honey for healthy version)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 large eggs, separated
2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the milk, pumpkin puree, egg yolks, melted butter, and vanilla extract together, mixing well until smooth.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing with a spatula until just combined.
4. In another small bowl, using an electric hand mixer (or whatever you have on hand), beat the egg whites until thick and stiff.
5. Gently fold the egg whites into the pancake batter, mixing until smooth.
6. Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over medium heat.
7. Lightly spray the pan with cooking spray, and, in 1/4-cup increments, cook each pancake until lightly browned on each side, about 1 minute per side.
8. Repeat with the remaining batter.
9. Top with your favorite syrup, and enjoy.
I am crazy about smoothie and have been trying to sneak some veggies in them for the kids. I just like to throw a little bit of this and that in them and the kids love them!
Fresh Spinach Leaves
Milk and a little yogurt
Blend and enjoy!