We love to read and our kids love to read, so we wanted to create a kid space just for them. A reading nook.
We pinned some ideas from pinterest and it ended like this:
1. We turned the old crib into a reading couch and covered the crib mattress with some extra fabric we had from our chairs. Placed some random pillows on the back of the crib. A few we had and a few we found on sale at Target!
2. Got a comfy rug from Target to put on the floor, added pillows and stuffed animals.
3. Hung a pallet bookshelf on the wall that we purchased from a talented friend. Thanks, Ty Thorne, love it!
4. Put dust jackets of our favorite books in dollar store picture frames and added all of the kids favorite books to the bookshelves.
5. Painted some wood letters from the craft store to spell READ and hung them on the wall.
6. Also, put a few pics of the kids reading in frames on the bookshelf.
Maybe this will be Pinterest worthy one day?
Here is where I found inspiration from Pinterest.
We have enjoyed this space a lot. Hoping it inspires me to start reading again.