HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I went back to last years new year’s goals and wanted to see how I did with my goals. Here are my goals from last year and here is how I did and some new goals too.
1. Better quiet times and read Bible in a year. –
I started out great with reading the Bible in a year and failed miserably. Quiet Times still need more work and better focus.
New Goal: Better Quiet Time, Specific Prayer Time for family, friends, neighbors, and others. Read Bible daily. Get involved in a Bible Study.
2. Become more organized with “Tot School” and planning fun activities, play groups, etc for Eli.
I actually did pretty well with this as long as I planned it out the night or weekend before, it turned out great. It is all about planning. We did well with planning play groups until baby number 2 came.
New goal: I joined a local moms club and want to really make an effort to participate in the activities and be involved, also continue to plan more play dates. Make an organized fun filled week with specific goals and activities each week for my little man.
3. Have date nights with my husband. It is so easy to use money as an excuse not to get out, but we love going to Barnes and Noble just to hang out. I have talked to a friend recently about planning a date night once a month and having her watch our son when we go out, and we watch their son when they want to go out. A date night babysitting swap.
We did pretty well in the beginning swapping and making an effort to plan a date night a month. There were a few months it did not work out, but when the grandparents came to town we also would head out for a date night too. Then other times the kids got sick. We had Sunday night meetings where we talked about our goals and the week ahead. We did a pretty good job at sticking to our meetings.
New goal: Continue Sunday night meetings with spouse, date nights per month, quiet times to pray and study God’s word together.
4. Learn to sew!
Negative, but my husband set up a sewing station for me in the mudroom. I will learn to sew in this lifetime!
New goal: Start simple and learn to sew cloth napkins and cloth wipes.
5. Try new recipes. I have a cabinet full of books that are collecting dust. It is time to break out of the same meal routine and plan different meals and try new recipes.
Did okay on this one, but need to do better. We joined an organic Co-Op and that has helped me discover new foods and recipes.
New goal: Keep cooking, menu planning/grocery planning, eating healthy.
6. Become more green. Learn ways to save on organics and produce, and earth friendly cleaning products, toys, etc.
I have definitely improved in this area by eliminating paper towels, cleaning with vinegar and earth friendly cleaners, and by getting rid of lots of plastic toys and items and buying safe and earth friendly toys. We threw out the old skillets and got safe ones! Joining the organi co-op has been a huge help too!
New goal: Recycle more and keep buying and saving on organic foods.
7. Have giveaways on this blog and more reviews. List more money saving ideas, eco-friendly ideas, and promote local companies, and favorite products! Become a better blogger by learning how to make my blog better.
Still have a way to go and want to do so much more giveaways and reviews. I did have two giveaways and have learned a lot and won a good bit from other blogs.
New goal: Blog weekly and contact companies/stores to do reviews and giveaways.
8. Save more money by getting better at couponing, learning to stock pile, and doing freeze ahead meals.
I have done pretty well with couponing, a little stock piling, but not so well with freezing ahead meals.
New goal: Make meals to freeze ahead!
9. Become more organized around the house through cleaning and going through stuff to throw away.
We have jumped on board with this and have gotten rid of a lot of stuff and made lots of goodwill trips or passed things on to friends.
New goal: Keep sorting and getting rid of things we do not need. Minimize. Make a cleaning schedule!
10. Find time to exercise more, read more, give more, and laugh more.
Exercise was good in the warm weather but not so good in the cold weather. I did not do too much reading. We have been getting better at finding ways we can give to our church, friends, and others.
New goal: Set aside day/nights to swap with husband, so we can both run and be active. Start running again. Keep giving more. Watch less stupid TV and only the good shows I really enjoy like Parenthood, Project Runway, and sometimes American Idol. Read more!
Other New Goals:
1. Potty Train my Son!
2. Plan family activities and family nights.
3. Plan some fun family trips. Ideas and places to go: Atlanta, Asheville, St. Augustine, Virgina, etc.
4. Play more music again and pray where God wants my music to go.