Christmas Theme and Advent
December 1, 2010 by kimberlysummer
Decorating the Tree
I have a lot of fun things planned for this month and here are a few:
Book Advent: I did not have enough Christmas books, so I checked out a bunch from our local library. I wrapped them first, so I can get them back by their due date. The first 15 are from the library and the rest are the ones I had here. I am hoping to build up our Christmas book collection over the next couple years, so we can do the same ones every year.
Here are our 25 books:
1. The Christmas Story by: Kay Charo
2. Snowmen at Night by: Caralyn Buehner
3. B is for Bethlehem by:Isabel Wilner
4.The Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree by: Gloria Houston
5. Room for A Little One by: Martin Waddell & Jason Cockcroft
6. Mr. Willowby’s Christmas Tree by: Robert Barry
7. If You Take A Mouse to the Movies by: Laura Numeroff
8. Mortimier’s Christmas Manger by: Karma Wilson
9. Spot’s First Christmas by: Eric Hill
10. Reindeer Christmas by: Mark Kimball Moulton
11. Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town by: Fred Coots
12. Bear Stays Up for Christmas by: KArma Wilson
13. The Little Drummer Boy by: Ezra Jack Keats
14. Can You See What I See? The Night Before Christmas by: Walter Wick
15. The Night Before Christmas cloth Book
16. BOB by: Sandra Boynton
17. Welcome to Santa’s Toy Shop
18. Mouse’s First Christmas by: Lauren Thompson
19. Hello Kitty, Hello Christmas
20. Santa’s Reindeer by: Rod Green
21. A Ticklish Christmas on Sesame Street
22. The Donkey’s Christmas Story by: Nancy Tafuri
23: The Tinest Christmas Star by: Masahiro Kasuyou
24. The Night Before Christmas Pop Up Book by: Clement Clarke Moore
25. The Christmas Story by: Patricia A. Pingry
I will do a post each day and have certain crafts to go along with some of the books. We will do the book advent in the morning.
I am getting my main ideas from My Hubbards Cupboard and doing her daily December activities, and her chain link advent for each day. http://www.hubbardscupboard.org/christmas.html
Daily Chain Link Advent
A sweet neighbor got Eli a Chocolate Advent Calendar which we will do after dinner.
Sticker Star Advent: The Star Advent from My Hubbards Cupboard we will do before bed.
Pocket Gum Advent: And I could not leave dad out. Gum Advent for Dad. Go here to check out her Pocket Gum Advent. So cute and creative. Here is mine:
Each morning we will do Stocking Stuffers: Write out words of affirmation each day in December and put them in family member’s stockings.
We are looking forward to counting down the days until Christmas. Join us and share your ideas too!